Altantuya demanded 3 air tickets and USD 500,000?

Altantuya demanded US$500,000
Jun 19, 07 4:18pm Malaysiakini 
A Mongolian woman demanded half a million dollars from her ex-lover two days before she was murdered, a court was told today.Altantuya Shaariibuu, 28, made the demand after causing a commotion outside the home of Abdul Razak Baginda, 47, who is charged with abetting her murder, a private investigator told the trial of Abdul Razak and two police officers.Prosecutors say that Abdul Razak planned Altantuya’s murder and ordered the two police officers – members of a special unit charged with protecting the country’s leaders – to carry it out.The woman was killed by “probable blast-related” injuries in Shah Alam district southwest of the capital Kuala Lumpur, prosecutors say.Abdul Razak, a political analyst, has vehemently denied any involvement.

All three defendants face the death penalty if convicted.

Causing a commotion

Private investigator P Balasubramaniam, the first prosecution witness called to testify, told the court this morning that Abdul Razak had hired him for RM4,000 to keep Altantuya away from him.

On the opening day of the trial on Monday, prosecutors alleged that Abdul Razak and Altantuya met in 2004 and had a relationship, during which he gave her money.

After they broke up in 2005, he allegedly continued to give her money whenever she demanded. The payments stopped last year, which angered her and prompted her to travel to Malaysia in October, the prosecution said.

Balasubramaniam testified that he began working for Abdul Razak on Oct 13 or 14 last year.

About two days into the job, he saw Altantuya and two other women briefly stop outside Abdul Razak’s home in a taxi, he said.

On Oct 17, he testified, he went to Abdul Razak’s home after he called and said the woman – whom he knew by the name “Aminah” – was outside.

“Aminah was causing a commotion and shouting and she said, ‘Razak, bastard, you come out! I want to speak to you,” the investigator said. Abdul Razak did not emerge from the home.

The investigator said Altantuya had her own private eye, Ang Chong Beng, who was sitting in a car observing the incident.

He said he called police, and a patrol car took him and Altantuya to a police station. She was not arrested, but wanted to file a police report, he said.

“Ang advised her against it. He told her he would talk to me about whatever she wanted from Razak,” Balasubramaniam said.

Money and tickets

At the police station she also told Balasubramaniam she wanted a large amount of money and air tickets to Mongolia, he said.

“Aminah had demanded 500,000 US dollars and three air tickets to Mongolia,” he said.

The investigator did not state why she made the demand but earlier testified Abdul Razak hired him “because the woman has been harassing him for money.”

Balasubramaniam said he called Abdul Razak’s lawyer that night and asked them to file a police report but they declined.

Balasubramaniam told Abdul Razak of her demands the next morning.

“He told me he would discuss with senior police officials that he knew before deciding on the next move,” the investigator testified.

Prosecutors allege that the next day, when Altantuya returned to Abdul Razak’s house, he called police. The two accused officers allegedly took her away, never to be seen alive again.


PI: Cops took Altantuya away
Sabrina Chan and Soon Li Tsin
Jun 19, 07 8:48pm

The first prosecution witness told the Shah Alam High Court today that he was present when Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu was taken away by police personnel in a red Proton Wira on Oct 19 last year.

Private investigator P Bala Subramaniam who was employed by political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda said he went to Razak’s residence in Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, that night.

Altantunya arrived in a taxi alone later.

Bala then contacted Razak and was told that the police are coming to arrest her. He was also instructed to wait and talk to Altantuya until the police arrive.

“She approached me and started telling me about her ‘sad stories’,” he said.

“She told me that her father had died and her mother is suffering from cancer (both claims are not true). She also said that her brother had gambled his apartment in Mongolia away and was now forcing her to ask money from Razak,” he added.  

It was after this that a red Proton Wira showed up but Bala did not tell her they were police personnel, to prevent her from fleeing. However, he later told her that the police personnel were arresting her.

According to him, she sat in the car voluntarily and was taken away by three police personnel, including a woman.

Bala said he met Razak the next day and quizzed him as to where Altantuya was. “Razak smiled and said ‘I don’t know where Altantuya is kept because the police who arrested her did not tell me.’

“He then wished me ‘Happy Deepavali’ and paid me RM2,000 for my services,” added the private investigator.

Bala also said that he suggested to Razak three possibilities where Altantuya may be kept – the Travers police station, the Special Branch lock-up in Jalan Ipoh and another location, which he could not recall.

Caused a commotion 

On another occasion, he said Altantunya showed up at Razak’s house and caused a commotion. She yelled, “Razak, bastard, you come out! I want to speak to you!”

After her disappearance, Bala said two of her Mongolian companions identified as Namiraa Gerelmaa and Uuriintuya Gal Orchir arrived at Razak’s residence on Oct 20 last year with Ang Chong Beng, the private investigator hired by Altantunya.

“They claimed that Altantuya was being held captive in Razak’s house, asked for her release and said they would return to Mongolia,” Bala related.

However, the situation was defused after the police showed up and everybody left the scene soon after.

Prior to this incident, Altantuya had visited Razak’s residence and office several times.

One time, she allegedly followed the police to the Brickfields police station where she revealed to Bala her demands for US$500,000 and three flight tickets back to Mongolia.

Text messages 

It was at this time that Bala met Ang after he had related her claims to the analyst.

Bala then told Razak that he feared for his safety and the safety of his staff because he was worried that Ang would harm them. He also expressed his intention to quit for this reason.

“Razak told me he would contact top police officials that he knew to take the appropriate action,” he said.

Bala was also made to read out text messages between him and Razak, but it was mostly inaudible to the public gallery as he read it out softly.

However, public prosecutor Tun Majid Tun Hamzah pointed out one that read: “A lies too much. The taximan is another victim” and asked Bala to identify who “A” was.

Bala then replied “A” was Altantuya.

In another instance, Bala revealed that he had followed Razak and the analyst’s father Abdullah Malim Baginda to lodge a police report at the Brickfields police station but Bala claimed that he did not know the contents of the report.

Razak, is charged with abetting the murder of Altantuya, 28, between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20 last year. Her body was blown up in a jungle clearing in Shah Alam, Selangor.
Two police officers, Azilah Hadri, 30, and Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, are charged with the murder. They are members of a special unit that guards top Malaysian leaders, including the prime minister and his deputy.

All three accused face the death penalty if convicted.

The high profile trial is expected to run for a month and to hear testimony from 30 to 40 prosecution witnesses.

The hearing continues tomorrow.

■日期/Jun 19, 2007   ■时间/10:17:41 pm
■新闻/家国风云   ■作者/Merdekareview 薛霏

【本刊曾薛霏撰述】“炸尸案”控方第一证人巴拉苏巴玛廉(Bala Subramaniam)今天下午供证时透露死者阿尔丹杜雅是在去年10月19日晚上11时过后被警察带走警察到来之前,第三被告阿都拉萨巴金德(Abdul Razak Baginda)告诉巴拉,他已通知警察逮捕阿尔丹杜雅,并要证人拖延她。



“炸尸案”今在雪州莎亚南高等法院展开第二天审讯。今天,控方再度传召第一证人巴拉出庭供证巴拉是受聘于阿都拉萨,以保护其家人免受阿尔丹杜雅骚扰的私家侦探。巴拉2006年10月9日开始阿都拉萨工作助手苏拉斯(Suras Kumar)分别驻守在阿都拉萨住家和办公室。



巴拉今接受主控官阿都马吉Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah盘问时告诉法庭他是在去年11月19日晚上时左右接到阿都拉萨的电话,告知他要外出开斋,并指示巴拉,若阿尔丹杜雅出现在其府邸就发短讯通知他。













警察巡逻车抵达后,又有另一名探员前来因为洪姓私家侦探当天阿尔丹杜雅失踪报案。这位名为费洙(Mohd Faizul)的探员,是来调查阿尔丹杜雅失踪。巴拉告诉费洙,阿尔丹杜雅不在屋内,因为她已在19日遭警方逮捕。


巴拉表示,他是在1022日或23日时再度阿都拉萨碰面,他们相约在白沙罗镇(Pusat Bandar Damansara)的星巴克咖啡馆见面阿都拉萨要巴拉陪同他去吉隆坡十五碑警局报案,但阿都拉萨没告诉巴拉为什么事报案。当时,阿都拉萨的父亲也在场。






今日的审讯相当顺利,也没有出现昨日那样的人潮。第三被告阿都拉萨的妻女、兄弟姐妹和父母都有出席为阿都拉萨打气;另外,第一被告首席警长阿兹拉哈德里的家人也低调出席聆讯。巴拉今天早上向法院供证说,死者阿尔丹杜雅曾在去年10月17日晚上向被控唆使谋杀的阿都拉萨巴金德索取50万美元(大约马币175万元)及三张飞回蒙古的机票。【点击:死者索取50万美元及三张机票 被告要和高层警官讨论再决定】点击:炸尸案疑云系列报道


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: